Southside Baptist Church
Thank you for taking a look at our website. We know that choosing a church to attend is a very important decision and we hope this website will help you in making your decision about involvement in a local church.
Here at Southside Baptist Church, we have a two-fold purpose. We believe in practicing the Great Commandment and promoting the Great Commission. We do this through the study of God’s Word and then being His witness in our community. As a church family, we strive to become all God wants us to be and do all that God wants us to do. We would love to have you as a part of our family.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- The Scripture divinely inspired and without error.
- The One, true God, revealed in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The virgin birth, sinless life, vicarious death, bodily resurrection and personal return of Christ.
- The reality of a literal Heaven and Hell.
- Salvation is available to all who place their faith in Jesus Christ.
- The eternal security of the believer.
- Two ordinances of the church – baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper.
- The church exists to glorify God.
HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN
- Acknowledge you are a sinner. “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
- Believe that Jesus died for your sins, was buried and was raised from the dead. “If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” Romans 10:9
- Call on the Lord in faith and repentance. “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
HOW TO JOIN THIS CHURCH
- By Church Letter if you are currently a member of a Baptist Church.
- By Profession of Faith and Baptism if you have experienced salvation by grace through faith in Christ.
- By Statement if you have been saved by grace through faith in Christ and have been baptized by immersion.